The quick answer is yes… yes you can. It is certainly possible to book a hotel today, and pay for it later. Typically, when you book a hotel directly on the hotel’s own website, like travel insiders do, you don’t pay for the hotel at the time it is booked. Rather, your credit card is charged when you check out. Of course, this means that you need a credit card.
What if you don’t have a credit card? Can you still book a hotel today and pay for it later?
Perhaps you don’t have good credit, or your credit cards are maxed out. Hotwire.com has a “bill me later” payment option. In addition to Hotwire, you can book hotels online and finance the cost ( pay later ) on PlayersVacationClub.com, aka. PVC.
PVC is no newbie to the financing travel industry, in fact they’ve have been in business since 1996. PVC offers interest free financing and allows you to book a hotel online without a credit card. Yes, that is right, interest free. PVC finances resort stays, cruises, and air + hotel vacation packages in major cities.
Two ways to book a hotel now and pay later on PVC
1. Finance a 7 night resort stay, and make payments to PVC from $56* a month. What is the catch? PVC finances only a few destination resorts, which are typically quite luxurious, for 7 night stays. Further, you must arrive on either Friday or Saturday. Here is a partial listing of resorts that PVC offers financing for currently:
- Playa Del Sol Costa Sur in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – 7 nights from $72.92* per month…Interest Free
- Villas at Regal Palms in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – 7 nights from $55.55* per month…Interest Free
- London Bridge Resort in Lake Havasu, Arizona – 7 nights from $68.75* per month…Interest Free
- San Clemente Inn in San Clemente, California – 7 nights from $79.17* per month…Interest Free
- Fairfield Anaheim at Dolphins Cove in Anaheim, CA – 7 nights from $68.75* per month…Interest Free
- Dundee Bay Villas in Freeport, Bahamas – 7 nights from $69.17* per month…Interest Free
2. Reserve a hotel, and pay the hotel directly when you check-out. These hotels are PVC’s Best Rate Guarantee hotels; you can often book any number of nights, and can often arrive any day of the week. This is the best option on PVC for the largest selection of hotels and destinations:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- French Polynesia
- Puerto Rico
- South Africa
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
In order to obtain financing, you first need to become a free PVC member. You do need to apply for membership, but good credit is generally not required. Membership is usually approved without a credit check, and it’s a fairly simple process. For more information on PVC membership, read our review of Players Vacation Club, and visit their site for the entire scoop.
Read our disclosure