- Funjet’s top destinations include California, Mexico, Hawaii and Las Vegas with a clickable destination map
- Weekly Funjet Hot Deals
- Fun For Less Deals – Funjet picks the hotel, you pick the star-rating and location. Save up to 40% on your hotel. Each Funjet Fun For Less deal includes the flight
Our Editor’s Review:
We liked that we could easily find Funjet “Hot Deals” departing from our nearest airport. Even smaller airports are listed (unlike some larger travel agencies like Travelocity). The “deals” page is always the first page we visit on Funjet website. Most of the Funjet “Hot Deals” require travel within the next 2 months, but we found that the best deals on Funjet are those that are for last-minute travel. For even more last minute deals on Funjet vacations, go to the homepage and scroll down to the bottom-left of your screen. You will find a “Last Minute Travel Deals” search box. This search box does not have all airports listed, but is another great tool to find the cheapest deals Funjet’s website. This is actually the spot where we found the most amazing prices with the “FUN FOR LESS” deals, where Funjet picks the hotel. These special offers, do not disclose the name of the hotel, only that it will be “beachfront”, “4-star”, ect (varies per deal).
That being said, we were frustrated that the prices quoted were not always what we got on the final booking screen. Although we chose the correct departure date that corresponded with the deal, it still ended up to be more money than we had been quoted per person in the search results screen. Overall, the final prices were okay, but not as inexpensive as we expected. We found cheaper vacation deals to the Caribbean & Mexico on CheapCaribbean.com and LuxuryLink.com (currently one of our top rated travel sites). Watch out for the Funjet “complete coverage” insurance plan that is automatically added to vacation packages. Although we highly recommend the “complete coverage” as it is the best travel protection plan we have seen on the market, if you don’t want it, you must remove it before completing your purchase. This is easy to do, but we think that it should not be added automatically.
Funjet Fees & Policies*:
- Funjet vacations “Complete Coverage” prices vary per vacation booking. It is automatically added to most vacations. Allows you to cancel for ANY REASON* up until airport-check-in time. Additional benefits available and this is highly recommended.
- Funjet Penalty Waiver is available for some packages. Covers some penalties but “published or bulk air” imposed fees are non-refundable. If you do not purchase the “complete coverage or “penalty wavier” protection plans, prepare to pay for cancellations. Details are published in Funjet’s “Bill of Rights” at http://www.funjet.com/cs/billofrights.pdf. Not easy reading! Summary:
- $50 Funjet cancellation fee, plus any airline, hotel or supplier penalties (which are generally higher).
- Many airline tickets are completely non-refundable.
- Cancellations must be made 7 or more days prior to departure for vacation packages, or more than 48 hours prior to hotel only reservations. Otherwise, no refund.
- To get the name of a booked FUN FOR LESS hotel, you must e-mail Funjet 2-5 days prior to your travel date at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will send you the name and details of the hotel or resort at that time.
*Based solely on research done by TravelSiteCritic.com, these figures may be inaccurate and are subject to change.Verify policies with Funjet before you book. Please be aware of airfare taxes & fees, applicable to any booking that includes airfare.