Travelocity is a online travel agency with some unique features such as Travelocity FareWatcher Plus (a free subscription service that tracks flight pricing for up to 10 city pairs of your choice), a Travelocity Guarantee that will price match within 24 hours, plus $50 toward next purchase, and Travelocity Travel Protection Plan that reimburses you for cancellations, in some instances, up to $2000 per person.
USER EXPERIENCEWe like that Travelocity charges zero booking fees for cars, cruises, most hotels and vacation packages, as long as you book online and not on the phone. Beware that booking fees may apply to certain hotel bookings and flights on Travelocity. At this time, it appears that booking fees do not apply to “GoodBuy” hotels or non-prepaid hotel bookings. To see what booking fees you are being charged before you complete your booking on Travelocity, look closely at the “Tax and Fee Total” in the “Price Summary” area of the screen. The Travelocity booking fees (if any) are included here. On the downside, whatever happened to the Travelocity Dream Map? The dream map tool used to be one of the best on Travelocity, which allowed you to search for fares only by “price” and “departure city”, in that you could price out destinations where you can afford to fly. We hope that Travelocity brings back the Dream Map.
- Flights – No online booking fee on vacation packages that include a flight and hotel, however a booking fee applies to flight-only bookings on Travelocity.
- Hotels – No online booking fee on most bookings, otherwise the fee will be listed as “taxes and fees” on the “price summary” page.
- Cars – No online booking fee
- Vacation packages (hotel+flight) – No online booking fee. There is a fee to book over the phone.
- Cruises – No online booking fee
- Travelocity Cancellation Fees – No fee charged by Travelocity for most cancellations, however vendor fees will still apply and some bookings are non-refundable. Vendor cancellation fees apply to all airline tickets, “GoodBuy” hotels and most non-prepaid hotel bookings. Get insurance to protect yourself from cancellation fees at SquareMouth.com.