- Travelocity FareWatcher Plus – Free subscription service that tracks flight pricing for up to 10 city pairs of your choice.
- Travelocity Guarantee – Price match within 24 hours, plus $50 toward next purchase.
- Flight seat map – choose your own seats on every flight booked.
- Earn Travelocity Points to redeem on future travel plans.
- Travelocity Travel Protection Plan – Reimburses you for cancellations, in some instances, up to $2000 per person. Highly recommended, but beware that the Travelocity travel protection plan only covers you in certain circumstances.
Our Editor’s ReviewWe like that Travelocity charges zero booking fees for cars, cruises, most flights, most hotels and vacation packages, as long as you book online and not on the phone. Beware that booking fees may apply to certain hotel bookings on Travelocity. At this time, it appears that booking fees do not apply to “GoodBuy” hotels or non-prepaid hotel bookings. To see what booking fees you are being charged before you complete your booking on Travelocity, look closely at the ”Tax and Fee Total” in the “Price Summary” area of the screen. The Travelocity booking fees (if any) are included here. If you have a large family with 5 or more travelers, we love Travelocity for large families! It’s really easy to pull up vacation rentals and large suites in your search, and Travelocity doesn’t pull up a bunch of hotels with a maximum occupancy of only 4 when you have 5 people in your party (like many other travel websites do). On the downside, whatever happened to the Travelocity Dream Map? The dream map tool used to be one of the best on Travelocity, which allowed you to search for fares only by “price” and “departure city”, in that you could price out destinations where you can afford to fly. We hope that Travelocity brings back the Dream Map.
Travelocity Fees & Policies *
- Flights – No online booking fee on most single-carrier/single-destination flights, otherwise variable booking fee up to $10.99 applies. There is a $30 fee to book over the phone.
- Hotels – No online booking fee on most bookings, otherwise the fee will be listed as “taxes and fees” on the “price summary” page.
- Cars – No online booking fee
- Vacation packages (hotel+flight) – No online booking fee. There is a $25 fee to book over the phone.
- Cruises - No online booking fee
- Cancellation fees – No fee charged by Travelocity for most cancellations, however vendor fees will still apply and some bookings are non-refundable. Vendor cancellation fees apply to all airline tickets, “GoodBuy” hotels and most non-prepaid hotel bookings. Get insurance to protect yourself from cancellation fees at SquareMouth.com.