- SmartFares negotiates cheap airfares with airlines and airline ticket wholesalers (A.K.A. airfare consolidators), which are at times cheaper than the published airfares you will find elsewhere online
- Offers one of the largest selections of cheap and discounted flights available online
- SmartFares search results are pulled from multiple Global Distribution System (GDS) systems, which gives you more travel options
- Lowest Price Guarantee – within 24 hours of booking
- Customer service center located in the United States
I recommend purchasing travel insurance on SquareMouth.com as soon as you book any flight on SmartFares. This may protect you from fees or problems down the road. Before even calling SmartFares, visit SquareMouth.com for a super quick travel cancellation plan quote to see if they can help you.SmartFares charges a service fee, which we assume is just another word for “booking fee” on every flight that they sell. We realize this is how they make money, but the least they could do is make it super easy to see how much this fee is. We had a difficult time finding the amount of their fees.
- Cancellations: Most airlines will allow SmartFares.com to void an airline ticket within 24 hours of purchase. A “void fee” will apply to each ticket, and the amount of the void fee is not specified and varies per airline. After 24 hours, many flights are non-voidable, but if the fare rules allow for it you may be able to hold your ticket for future credit on the airline. In addition to any penalties imposed by the airline, SmartFares will charge a “processing fee” of up to $100 per ticket.
- Purchase insurance from SquareMouth.com, which may help you to avoid cancellation fees
- Service fees to SmartFares.com are non-refundable (this is including in the “taxes and fees” portion of your ticket purchase. The amount of their service fee is not specified.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]SmartFares Reviews | SmartFares.com,