The Site: myitchytravelfeet.com
- A travel blog for baby boomers
- A travel blog with a heart: Active member of Passports with Purpose
- Full of practical information for travelers over the age of 40
- Product Reviews and Prizes
- MyItchyTravelFeet on Facebook
- Follow @donnalhull on Twitter
The Good:Where shall we begin? Donna Hull is a talented and delightful writer who makes us feel like traveling to just about every place she writes about. Not only are her articles enjoyable to read, they are full of useful information. Okay, it was a guest post, but Boomers: You Can Visit Paris Economically, by Boyd Lemon was a great example of this. He got to the point quickly and wasted few if any words. In the 30 seconds it took us to read the opening paragraphs, we had already shaved several hundred dollars off our Paris travel expenses. The magazine style layout of her site works perfectly, allowing readers to find recent posts at a glance, while the sidebar ads contain links to services like car rental agencies, cheap flights and hotel discounts that travelers can actually benefit from. We also loved the header photographs. Donna seems to like to take pictures of her itchy travel feet wherever she goes!
The Bad:Not much bad to say about My Itchy Travel Feet, but we should mention:
- Some of us baby boomers still travel on a backpacker’s budget. There wasn’t much in her blog to accommodate us, except for cheap flights
- We’re a little jealous of her. Nobody’s offered us a free trip to Cancun!
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]My Itchy Travel Feet Travel Blog | MyItchyTravelFeet.com,