- Shop online at MaintstreetSHARES (formerly known as “Big Crumbs”) to get cash back on some popular travel sites: Travelocity, One Travel, STA Travel, Book It, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline and many others.
- Mainstreet has over 17 different shopping categories, not limited to travel: Auto, Food & Drink, Sport & Fitness, Clothing
- Get cash back (often up to 5% cash back on your total travel purchase price), which varies depending on the travel website
- Cash back payments are sent securely to your designated PayPal account
- Get your own personal Mainstreet Shares “Profile Page” that you may customize, add friends and begin social networking
- Ability to earn additional cash back on purchases made by any friends you refer to Mainstreet Shares, but you’re not required to refer anyone
Editor’s ReviewAlthough MainstreetSHARES is not a travel website, we review it here because it allows you to get cash back from Travelocity, Orbitz and other travel sites, simply by clicking through to these travel sites from your free Mainstreet Shares account. We like how easy Mainstreet Shares is to use, it’s practically mindless. Signing up for Mainstreet Shares is a very simple one-step process. After you have “joined” all you do is click on the link to the travel website that you want to book your travel through (ie. Orbitz.com), and Mainstreet Shares tracks your purchases made. You can easily see how much cash back you received on your Mainstreet Shares account page. If you already know you are going to buy something through Orbitz.com, then why not get cash back by going through a Big Crumbs account? We can’t think of any reason not to. Many people wonder if Mainstreet Shares is a scam because it seems too easy (nothing comes easy, right)? Actually, there is no catch. This ingenious program works because Mainstreet Shares gets commissions from Orbitz (or any other retailer you use) if you make a purchase through them, and then Mainstreet Shares passes a portion of their commission onto you! We like to think of it as a travel agent that gives you a percentage of their commission. You are not limited to travel purchases. Mainstreet has over 16 shopping categories, so you can get cash back for buying clothes, computers, and just about anything else that you shop for online. We can assure you that Mainstreet in not a scam. Remember, scams cost you money. Mainstreet is free to join. All of your purchases are made on the retailers websites (ie. Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity). We don’t see how Mainstreet Shares can interpreted as a “scam” and we know they are entirely legit from experience. We personally have been Mainstreet Shares (formerly called “Big Crumbs”) members for over eight years, and continue to earn cash back every month from our referrals alone. The cash back amount on most purchases is fairly small, unless you are making a big purchase. We are skeptical of those that claim they “make a living” off of Mainstreet Shares referral income, as we don’t see it as a huge money earner. It simply allows us to get a some cash back that we would not get otherwise. For example, when you spend $1000 on your own travel booking, you might get back $45 or less from Mainstreet.. and you get far less cash back from your referrals who book travel through them. Nonetheless, we think Mainstreet Shares is ingenious. You heard about it here first!
Mainstreet Shares Fees & Policies*
- After joining, to get cash back you must access each retailer through the links provided on the Mainstreet Shares website prior to each purchase.
- You must add a PayPal to your Mainstreet Shares account so they can pay you cash back. Otherwise they won’t.
- Cash back and commissions are computed on the net purchase amount (not including taxes or shipping)
- Cash Back amounts may not appear on your Mainstreet Shares account for up to one month.
- There is no minimum cash back payment amount!
- Cash back payments will be made to you after at least one month has elapsed, on about the 15th of the following month. (ie. Purchase in January, Cash Back in March).
- Up to $1 PayPal Payment Processing Fee will be accessed per cash back payment sent to you. This fee goes to PayPal.
- Gift cards and gift certificate purchases generally do not generate cash back.
- If you are lucky enough to exceed $600 in cash back from Mainstreet during a calendar year, they will be required by law to send you a 1099 form. (You’ve gotta pay your taxes!)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]MainstreetSHARES Reviews | MainStreetSHARES.com (Formerly Big Crumbs),