The Site: UncorneredMarket.com
- Very well-designed and easily navigable travel blog that covers the world, from Russia to Antarctica.
- Extensive and professional photography and video archives
- 1st Place winner, 2009 Tripbase adventure travel blogs
- Informative Travel Resources section includes cheap hotels throughout the world, Russian travel tips and accommodations in Panama, Florida and Prague
- Follow @umarket on Twitter
- Uncornered Market on Facebook
Audrey Scott and Daniel Noll left their home in Prague, Czechoslavakia in December, 2006 to travel the world and record their experiences. They explain the enigmatic name of their blog on their FAQ page and include extensive photo and video sections to supplement their written content. Audrey and Scott have traveled to many corners of the globe and visited places even we haven’t heard of.
Uncornered Market can best be described as an upmarket backpacker’s blog. Audrey and Daniel are two professionals who are not afraid to go where many others who like fine food and wine fear to tread. We especially enjoyed their sections on Central Asian locales, like their overland Journey from Turkmenistan to Tajikistan. The blog is brilliantly organized. While the couple has recorded their adventures in hundreds of places in words, photos and videos, the site remains clean and easily navigable. Their photos and videos are of a very high standard and have unusual content. Our personal favorite video asks the question, “Are the Penguins in Antarctica the Key to Happiness and Peace?“. After viewing the clip, we decided that, yes, perhaps they are.