The Site: Traveling-Savage.com
- The subtitle, “round the world one month at a time” says it all
- Extensive links to the writer’s network of fellow travel bloggers
- Well-written descriptions of people, places and experiences along the way
- Follow @travelingsavage on Twitter
- Find the Traveling Savage on Facebook
The GoodAt the time we visited, Keith’s latest entry, Blue Air was about an area off the far north coast of Scotland, the Orkney Islands that is seldom blogged about. He writes very eloquently about his brief visit to Westray in 2007 and captures the spirit of the place nicely. Another fascinating entry is “10 Things Zorba the Greek Taught Me About Life.” While not strictly a travel entry, Mr. Savage’s review of this classic novel by Nikos Kazantzakis explains its relevance to the spirit of travel.
The BadKeith Savage obviously likes to write. While that is a big part of the joy of blogging, it’s a cruel fact of life that readers read books and browsers browse blogs. He is a bit verbose. For example, his entry, “One Month in Argentina” contains a 500 word lengthy introduction. Once we got past the intro, we felt that many of his commenters had more to say in fewer words. Nonetheless, Keith’s writing is generally excellent and we look forward to more of his posts.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Traveling Savage Travel Blog | Traveling-Savage.com,